Saturday, January 8, 2011

Calendar one (September)

Okay, so for my part of the calendar, I did the month of September and October. For September, I did the theme zodiac, Virgo. First I will explain how I did my September month.


Firstly, I placed a photo of a guy playing the violin (who represents the critical and perfectionist personality of Virgo) on the workspace.



Then, I right-clicked on the image and flipped it horizontally. After that, I duplicated the layer and added a soft light blending effect together with drop shadow.


I put the layer of the soft light effect on top of the original layer to get a nice color for the guy. Then, I used the move tool to adjust his position.


After that, I hid the layers of the guy and placed a new picture, a picture of a music sheet. I went to Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation to change the color of the music sheet so it will look less dull.



I used the brush tool to write some notes on the music sheet that can display perfectionism.



Then, I used the brush tool and selected a special effect brush to draw a line in between to separate the guy and the place I will be putting the calendar. After that, I used the rectangular marquee selection tool and then went to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur to blur the part where I will be putting the calendar.




I placed a picture of the symbol of Virgo on the workspace and used the direct selection tool to cut out the symbol only.


After that, I changed the color of the symbol to green and decreased its opacity and added an outer glow effect.

Next, I put in the text for the description of the Virgo's personality and also the calendar. I also put a bit of outer glow on the text description of Virgo and used Century Gothics font.



And I'm done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment