Sunday, October 24, 2010

Aidilfitri Festival

So I've made up my mind and chose the celebration of Aidilfitri celebrated by Muslims in Malaysia. The festival is about forgiveness and the celebration of achievement after fasting for one month of Ramadhan. From my personal experience, Aidilfitri celebration consists of eating traditional Malay delicacies such as ketupat and lemang, going back to 'kampong' to visit your grandparents and see all your relatives and ask for their forgiveness, lighting up oil lamps (or pelita, as they call it in Malay), spending time and having fun with the younger ones playing 'bunga api'.

I've decided to focus more on the more significant purpose of this festival, which is forgiveness, and highlight it as the main subject of my wallpaper. Maybe from this picture:


The ceremony is usually done by holding hands and asking for forgiveness.

The day of Aidilfitri is usually signified by the appearance of the crescent moon, like so:

I was thinking of maybe including it in my wallpaper as well.

For the background, I might think of putting a 'kampong house', maybe without the whole scenery, but just the building.


Overall, I would like to use a faint lighting effect, like a sunset or something like that, and make the two figures holding hands stand out, like a silhouette.

That's all I have to update for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment