Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Photo Retouching







Okay, so we've learned in class about photo retouching. Here's some ways to modify and change you photo.


Okay, so here's a photo obviously a bit lopsided.


I used the crop tool as circled to crop the picture and make it upright by dragging the mouse around the area and rotating it.


And now the picture is like this:


To adjust the color of the photo, I went to Image>Adjustments>Auto Color


So now the photo looks much brighter.


I want to replace the color of the girl's cap so I picked the rectangular marquee tool and highlighted the girl's cap.


After that, I selected Image>Adjustments>Replace Color


The I adjusted the hue, saturation and lightness.


After that, I want to sharpen the image a bit so I select Filter>Sharpen>Sharpen


After that, I selected Shadows/Highlights to add a bit of depth to the picture.


Now here's the fun part. I selected the Healing Brush tool to get rid of the defects on the brick wall. I sampled a good part of the wall by pressing alt and then clicking on the part and then dragged it over the defected part.


Finally, I used the burn tool to darken the border of the image, making the girl on the wheel the main focus.


And that's it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment